Monday, March 14, 2005

Play weekend!

Hi all!

I had such a great weekend of shooting! This project was for a USC student's directing class. It was a good experience for me because I'm becoming more comfortable in front of the camera. Having giving actors to work opposite of is so SUPER important. Acting is such a shared art...someone who is there for you can really elevate a performance. In this project, I was a woman who's relationship with her boyfriend slowly becomes more and more abusive until she finally snaps and...well...I'll just say there was a golf club involved. I had worked with the man playing my abusive boyfriend before...I'm thankful for that because it was pretty intense at times and it was good that we were familiar with and could trust each other. I'm a little sore and might have a bruise or two, but IT WAS SO MUCH FUN...I can't wait to see the finished product! Soon enough I'll just get to play like that all day! What a dream!

I also had the opportunity to see my last student film...there's still some tweaking and music to be added, but it looks really great! I guess I still feel critical of my performance...and I'm still annoyed by my voice and how fat I thnk my face looks...but other than my own vanity...I'm pleased with it. Besides that, I can't change it now! The director should be completed with editing and music clearances in a week or so...YIPEEE!!! It's almost all done! It's so exciting!!!

That's it for now...I'll post some knitting news later...with pictures even!