Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Spring Break: Day #3

Well. I feel pretty successful today...and there are still so many hours left!

My eyes opened around 8am and after brainstorming what to write next, I was looking forward to getting back to it. I've had the entire story arc for a while now, I'm just having trouble with some of the little details. Little things. Character names. Character's careers. Stuff like that. I think I have it all worked out now. Don't think that I didn't consider making one of the characters a knitwear designer.

I used to laugh when writer would say they would just transcribe what the characters dictated or a character would come when they were ready. Some of the characters I thought wouldn't be included in the story wound up showing up. I was like, 'excuse me, I'm trying to write!' and he was like, 'Um, my voice needs to be heard. I refuse to be talked about in the 3rd person. I'll do my own character assassination.' So I let him. He's kind of a ass, but he's writing himself, so the public perception of him will be his own fault. I know that makes no sense but it's funny to me.

I'm also knitting away [once my eyeball dry up from staring at the computer screen]. I'm half at the half way point on the sweater's back. I'm sure I'll get a lot done tonight during TV watching. For now, the characters are calling and if i don't come, they may stop talking.