Saturday, June 10, 2006

Mermaid Mesh...love, love, love!

I bet you were wondering if I was ever going actually finish it.
Well, I did and here she is, in all her glory!
Backstory

Pattern: Tahki - Stacy Charles Mermaid Mesh...available for FREE! on the Interweave Knits site
Yarn: Discontinued Suss 100% cotton yarn in natural, bought many moons ago.
Needles: Size 7 Inox circulars
Exposition: I'm really proud of this project. I've had my eye on it for a long time and am just happy to have finished it! It's the perfect in-between/June Gloom sweater. The cotton is heavy enough to be warm, and the lace is open just enough to keep me from overheating. Also, it will be a great beachy cover-up...Hawaii, here I come!

After a false start or three, I finally got it! At first I couldn't get the pattern to work out, but persistance won out. The pattern says that errors in the lace are easy to spot, and once I was familiar with it, I found that to be very true. I had trouble with working the decrease/increase shaping until the bitter end, but some how it all worked out. The cotton was especially hard on my hands...so drying! Gotta love that cotton, after all my efforts in blocking, it was the a perfectly stretched this morning, but it snapped back during the day [the 3/4 sleeves work pretty well, regardless]. I'm going to let it hang and see if that will facilitate the relaxation process.

Not much else to say, other than I'm really proud of this sweater.