Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Playing Catch Up

Ok, I finished seaming Mermaid last night. I really like it, but with a wet blocking session [it's a PDF, FYI], I think that it will be love. I was going to wear her today, but the bottom hits me at the widest part of my thighs [aka Thunder Thigh-itis] and the sleeves are 3/4 when I would prefer them to come down at least to my wrist.

As far as other knitting projects are concerned, I've been working steadily and endlessly on Apricot. I finished the back and am now working on one of the fronts. I tend to get confused when they say 'left'/'right' front...do they mean 'right side' lying down or 'right side' on the body? Regardless, I think that I'm doing it right...er correctly. You know I'll be pissed if it's wrong, but that's par for the course with this pattern right...correct?

I also need to start The Amazing Lace Project. Challenge #2 is already up and I haven't even casted on! The team is getting anxious and Poppy needs segments for her program. I think that 'Poppy's Seeds Around Town' will become a regular feature during the KAL's Challenges...since it cracks me up so much.

Also, Kim started a blog called White Trash Melrose Place...check it out and if your interested in contributing to the drama or just reading along, please do. Leave a comment and Brandine will send you and invite.

Lastly, my short film is going to be playing at Gay and Lesbian Film Fests this month and next, so if your in SF, NYC, Chicago and/or Oslo and have time, please check it out! SF is the only close one, so we'll see if we can make it up there or not.