Sunday, January 28, 2007

Excitement? Well, Maybe

Whew. I took some really horrible pictures of what I've been working on...and some cool stuff I've acquired.

First off, I bought some Violet's Pink Ribbon yarn from Lisa Souza's website. I can't remember where I originally heard about it, but here is link to the Lime and Violet website. I couldn't pass up helping someone one out who is in need.

I'm thinking that I would make a scarf with it. Now comes the pattern search, right? Well, there's always Clapotis! This yarn is so soft and purty...I can't wait to knit something up with this.


Next is the 3 skeins of Noro Silk Garden. Although you can't tell from these pictures, the primary colors beside brown and grey is pink and purple. I also need to find a pattern for this. I'm thinking more of a rectangular shawl than a scarf. Hey, there's always Clapotis! I really enjoyed making my sister's scarf, but I don't think that I'm going to make another Argosy. It was fun, but it wasn't that much fun. Again, suggestions on any lace scarves/stoles welcome!

Speaking of my sister's Argosy...


Backstory

Pattern: Knitty's Arogsy
Yarn: 2 skeins of Noro Silk Garden Lite
Needles: Size 6
Exposition: This wasn't too bad of a project. I was able to memorize the pattern fairly easily. I did realize once I bound off that I made a little oopsie. I fixed it and so there's no need to talk about it, right? Right.

I'm happy with how the scarf turned out, regardless. It just needs some light blocking and a happy trip to Texas. I hope my sister likes it. If not, she can send it back because gf has had her eye on it.



Backstory

Pattern: Seed Stitch Scarf
Yarn: bright pink thick/thin wool bulky yarn
Needles: Size 17 circulars
Exposition: I bought this yarn at my LYS. A lady at the store was knitting up a cute cable/rib scarf and it looked so cozy that I couldn't resist.

I tried a few different patterns before just deciding on using a simple seed stitch. Normally I reject almost any pattern that has too much seed stitch [because it's a pain in the ass] but the larger needles was kinda fun. I was unsure of the length I wanted and am still deciding if I want to add a few more rows. Maybe I'll just add some fringe. Maybe I'll just leave it alone.

Lastly is a scarf that my friend got me for Christmas. I wish I could say it was my own brilliant creation, but no. Isn't it cute, though? The color scheme is unique and I totally love it. I love the pattern [so simple] and don't think that I'm not going to copy it.

Well, that's it for now. I'm going to search around for some interesting lacy scarf so I can cast on for something interesting as soon as possible!