Sunday, October 19, 2008

Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!

I'm a new Auntie! My sister-in-law had a third beautiful baby girl. We will be up to meet her at the end of the month, at which time the newest member of the family will receive much knitted love.

Yesterday, I needed to go out to Santa Monica [Wildfiber called to say that the yarn to complete Habu 74 was in. Habu responded to the store's request but never answered the email I sent] and I thought it would be a good idea to check out Compatto. I have heard nothing but good things about this store and all the reports are 100% correct. The vibe was friendly and helpful...they even convinced gf to learn how to knit. WOW! That's some LYS! I would recommend anyone who hasn't checked them out to do so.

At Compatto, gf came across the cutest book! Sublime 613. Although we both agreed that the cover design was adorable, I think I'll let the girls decide for themselves which one is their favorite [I hope they pick this one, Esme, Smuggler and/or Phoebe]. I also found some balls of 127 Print on sale, so I picked up 2 balls to make the Kertasniker Boot Toppers. Totally unnecessary, but I love them. MUST. MAKE. NOW.

And of course, I will have to buy a pair of totally cool boots.