Monday, April 20, 2009

Seaming: FAIL

I'm wearing my totally cute Cabled Jacket #41 today. It's steaming hot outside and comfy cool inside the office, so this is the perfect little sweater for today. The wool keeps me so nice and cozy, the 3/4 sleeves and croppy-ness keep it spring-y and light. Oh, I'm so glad this sweater worked out!

I guess the love comes from the trials and tribulations we went through.

So that means I'm going to love Dawn once I get her all together.

Seaming. Where did I go wrong? Oh yeah, that part where I decided not to follow those pesky instructions. Yeah, that's it.

Being a knitter of independent and unsound mind, I decided to blaze my own knitting trail. I decided to knit the collar band in one piece rather than knitting two separate pieces and seaming together at center back. Then I sewed the collar to the back. As you can see, it came out all wonky.

So, guess what?

I'm going to frog and follow the instructions this time.

Go figure. You'd think I would have learned my lesson by now. I was pretty mad at myself for being so stubborn. So how did I console myself?

I started a new project.