Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Thanks, Everyone!

I just want to thank everyone for their kind thoughts and words regarding my Uncle's passing. Yesterday was his funeral in North Carolina. I didn't make the trip, but instead spent some quality time with my dad and grandmother in Orange County. My brother, sil and 3 nieces were also in town, so we all spent the day with Grandma and tried to lift her spirits. I hope we succeeded, but it's hard to say how she coped when she was finally all alone, without the distractions of visitors.

I didn't want this post to be all sad stuff, so I'm including a picture I took of my nieces. My oldest niece has to write a report on Santa Monica, so we drove out there so she could check it out and get a sense of the history of the city. Needless to say, she was most interested in the ocean, the rides at the pier and the cotton candy.

And who can blame her?