Monday, August 10, 2009

Why Me?

We all know I have issues with instructions. Why then, do I not make accommodations for myself?

I was happily knitting away with Joy in my heart and found myself befuddled by the knit I saw before me. The instructions stated "knit 27 rows straight ending with a WS row" and I just happened to have ended my 27 with a right side row. Hubris came a'calling. Must be the instructions. ERRATA! Nope, none to be found. After about 30 minutes, I found the error of my ways. Seems that I missed a single line of instruction. One stating to "knit 23 rows straight" between two decrease rows. Two decrease rows that happened 27 long rows before. What's 23 rows in the grand scheme of things? Well, just a few inches. But alas, Joy was not meant to be a cropped sweater. So I frogged. and cursed. And frogged some more.

Now I'm back to almost the beginning.
Good times.