Saturday, January 08, 2005

Happy New Years...and 8 days...

My first post. We're a week into the new year and I already have more than a few things on my personal plate. Beyond the never-ending desire to wake up looking like a teen-supermodel [like losing those last 10 pounds will really make a difference...c'mon people], I'm going to chart my progress in two areas here. First, my chosen career. ACTING. Who in LA isn't an actor? Yeah, yeah...I've heard it all before. I refuse to live the total stereotype...so needless to say, I am NOT in food service. I moonlight...or should I say daylight...as an office assistant at an elementary school while I mentally prepare myself for long days of memorizing lines and sitting in my trailer. Working at the school is not a bad gig, but it's not a part that I will be playing for much longer. Secondly, my chosen past-time. KNITTING. This is some obsession! You don't know the seductive power of yarn! I realized that I have acquired a fairly large stash and have vowed to not buy any more yarn until I have worked with what I already have on hand. I'm sure that will take care of the seemingly endless pile of balls and books and half-completed projects and needles and patterns that surround me. It will also certianly make space for some new stuff too...there's always an angle, huh? Here we go...