Friday, February 11, 2005

No interesting title comes to mind

Oh god, but a few more hours before I'm free for the weekend! A rain has come out of nowhere, so all the kids at the school are on lock-down in the classrooms. This just means all the skinned knees will be replaced with 'I need to call my ma because I jumped in a puddle and am now all wet.' Kids will almost never make sense to me. Was I that bad when I was little?

But I digress. I'm a-slugging away at Clapotis. On all the other blogs, why has no one mentioned how heavy that damn thing gets?!?! Maybe it's my choice or yarn that's causing my biceps to bluge. I've worked 7 of the 12 drop sections and am anxiously awaiting it to be over...so close, yet so far away. It's going to be fabulous, I'm sure.

In other news, I've hit a stall in the Boatneck Tank. I'm awaiting divine intervention. I've completed the back [or front, depending on how you wear it] and now deciding if maybe I would prefer a V-neck or scoop rather than a boat neck. I guess I would have to change the name then, huh? I would like a V, but am over trying to do the math with the decreases and such. I suppose I can use my SnB Nation book to figure out how to do it. I'll have to rise to the challenge...don't you think? But if I make the Rowan Smooch, then I'll have two V neck tanks. OY VEY! I guess I'll keep it a boatneck. CAN YOU SEE WHY I CAN'T FINISH THIS PROJECT...OH THE VOICES!!! I'm sure I'll change my mind again...maybe I can finish it this weekend...it would go faster if I did a scoop neck! Grrrr....

I've also made the decision to switch out the Cowl Neck Pullover for the Airy Cardigan. I think I'll add a little flounce at the end of the sleeves for extra girlie-ness. This will be the first time I've worked with mohair, so if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know...I think my main goal will be to avoid a hairball.