Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Deep In The Heart Of Texas!

I made it home from Texas alive!

I had a little trouble getting out of LA [not due to the safety scissors or knitting needles in my carryon luggage], but once my travel arrangements were resolved and I was able to get into San Antonio [5 hours later scheduled], I had a great time. I met some new family, reconnected with the old ones and really enjoyed myself. San Antonio is cute, it would be nice to have the opportunity to explore it a little more, but it will give me something to do if I ever find myself there again.

Anyway, I came home to an overflowing e-mail box and 198 new posts on my Bloglines Blog Subscriptions. I will catch up on all that reading and commenting some time soon. I also came home to a gifty in my mail! I won a little contest over at Michelle's, the Fickleknitress, blog. Two skeins of some yummy Wildfoote Sock Yarn in Desert Grass and handmade stitchmarkers! So pretty! Thank you! I'm not sure if I want to make socks or try something else, so that I can show off this pretty yarn to it's full advantage. If anyone has a pattern for sock weight yarn, I'd love a link! I can't wait to use it!

As far as my knitting goes, Orangina didn't get much love this trip. It was all about Chili Verde [Hot Lava!]. It's super quick! I'm already working on the bolero section. The bad news is...get ready for it...I don't think I have enough yarn. Even the smallest mathematical function is difficult for me. I calculated wrong and will probably be...oh, 15 yards short? I bought the cone of 500 yards off eBay [when the pattern called for 520-ish yards]...what are the chances that I can find a skein of Lamb's Pride Bulky in Deep Pine in the same dye lot? Is there a dye lot? Ugh! I think that I'm going to knit until I use up all my yarn and see where I am, then decide. If you happen to have some Lamb's Pride Bulky in Deep Pine just sitting around...um, can I be your best friend?