Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Hopeful KAL

I hope everyone is aware of this. I've seen it on a few different blogs and just wanted to post about it too. Here's what Jenna wrote:

Hopeful
I am proud to offer this pattern to you for sale, with 120% of your cost going directly to Susan Love's breast cancer research foundation.

My journey in creating this pattern and offering it for sale is a personal one. The sweater originally debuted when I appeared on the DIY channel's "Knitty Gritty". I had plans to publish it in a spring 2005 magazine, but shortly after filming the episode, my partner of 11 years was diagnosed with breast cancer. I put down my knitting needles for the end of 2004 and the beginning of 2005 as I cared for her through surgery, chemotherapy and radiation. When spring 2005 arrived knitting was far from my mind and I missed the promised pattern deadline.

In the meantime, the DIY "Knitty Gritty" show aired and the demand for the sweater was overwhelming. I received many emails requesting pattern, and I thank all of you who were patient in waiting for it‚s release. I am selling the pattern for $5, and for every copy you purchase I will personally donate $6 to the Susan Love foundation. Thanks for purchasing.

The pattern has been edited by the talented Mandy Moore- current Knitty.com editor- who also graciously volunteered her time and effort to make it as perfect as possible.


You can click on the link to Jenna's blog and purchase the pattern there [it will be available later tonight].

If you do purchase that pattern, Jessica is hosting a Knit Along.