Monday, September 26, 2005

Back and Front...

Well, I've had some minor set backs with Cable 41's front.

I casted on 61 stitches. I knitted the 10cm of 1x1 rib. Upon reading the instructions, I realized that I should have casted on 63 stitches. Damn. No quick fix. Frog, frog, frog.

I casted on 63 stitches. I knitted the 10cm of 1x1 rib. Upon reaching the cable section, I realized that I knitted when I should have purled. Damn. No quick fix. Frog, frog, frog.

Mentally prepare myself to cast on 63 stitches. Upon reaching for size 9 circular needles, realized they have sacrificed themselves to the MTA gods somewhere between the 710 and 40 buses. Damn. No money to buy even a pair of cheap circulars at the Evil Empire [Wal-Mart]. Must wait until I get home to cast on with straight needles.

I casted on 62 stitches with size 9 straight needles. I knitted the 10cm of 1x1 rib. Upon reaching the cable section, I finally realized I am short one stitch. Damn. No quick fix. Frog, frog, frog.

I casted on 63 stitches. I knitted the 10cm of 1x1 rib, counting every row to be sure I have 63 stitches. Finally reach the cable section. WHEW! Finally, after 5 days, I'm actually getting down to business.

Why hath those Knitting Fairies forsaken me?