Tuesday, October 04, 2005

We Interrupt Our Regularly Scheduled Blog...

I've been working on a secret project. Not secret as much as unscheduled. A fellow blogger put the call out for lacy chemo cap patterns...a friend of hers will be going through cancer treatments for the second time. I immediately thought of Rowan's Aura from the Calmer Collection. As I typed in my comment to her post, I realized that since I had already had the book, I would just offer to make one. She took me up on my offer and as soon as I could, I got my hot little hands on some Calmer. Here is the finished cap.


Backstory
Pattern: Aura Cap from Rowan's Calmer Collection.
Yarn: Rowan Calmer in Joy. There is still quite a bit leftover.
Needles: Bryspun 24" circulars, size 6.
Exposition: First off...the yarn. CALMER! I can see why everyone loves this yarn. If you haven't already had the Calmer experience, find a way to get your hands of some of it. The only complaint I have about this yarn is that it was a bit splitty. It also got hung up on the Bryspun's join, but I'm going to contribute that to the stretchiness of the yarn until I work with these needles again [probably on Hopeful]. Speaking of los plasticos, the tips of those needles are fantastico! K4tog's were a breeze!
The pattern was easy and it was a fairly quick knit [no frogging!]. I'm going to give it a quick dip, let it dry and send it off to a very deserving and brave woman.