Thursday, February 09, 2006

Maggie

Backstory

Pattern: Maggie from Rowan 31; individual pattern is also available from Rowan website
Yarn: Acrylic, alpaca, merino blend yarn acquired on eBay
Needles: Size 3 and Size 5 circulars
Exposition: Well, here's Maggie in all her glory. It's such a delicate, girly sweater! I love it!

This is my Superstarra Model Pose. See? I could totaly give those models in IK and VK a run for thir money!

Anyhow...the construction is really simple and straightforward, so there is not much to go into. I really like how it turned out. It's a little more cropped than I would normally wear, but with a few hundred thousand crunches it should be fine. The alpaca yarn I used is a little fuzzy, but not annoyingly fuzzy, so I should get a lot of wear out of this. I don't think that I'm going to add the ribbon tie at the neck because I'm too lazy to find some ribbon and I'm kinda diggin' the open neck.

I haven't worn it yet, even though the weather the past few days would have been appropriate for it. Maybe on my next Superstarra Skinny day. I'm even considering another...maybe out of some leftover black recycled silk yarn from the stash...soft and slinky!

One of the best things about my new sweater is my new pair of shoes! When my best friend told me she had something for me, I certainly wasn't expecting these! They're so pretty and comfy and they match perfectly!