Monday, February 06, 2006

Ugh.

Sorry to those of you expecting to see a picture of Maggie in all her glory. I will take pictures tonight, promise! She's all washed and blocked [along with my other scarves that were really needing it].

Another weekend has come and gone. Again, I'm happy about the gone part. I didn't get downtown for the parade unfortunately, but there's always next year.

I so have nothing exciting to say, so I'd instead like to recommend a movie to you. We saw Something New on Friday night. I was expecting it to be good, but I must say it was a lot better than I thought...and I went into it expecting to be entertained! To me, it was about finding love outside the expectations. It was genuinely funny and sweet...the audience audibly gasped, 'awwwed' and laughed out loud [some of the funniest moment aren't the ones in the previews!]. Go see it! Take your sweetheart on a date! You won't regret it!

And if you do, don't blame me.

Edited: Something New is the movie in which Sanaa Lathan [beautiful girl who happens to have my haircut], an African American woman finds, love with a Caucasian man, Simon Baker [hot white guy].
Find it. Go see it. Let the movie studios know that there is a market for diversity in mainstream movies!