Monday, March 20, 2006

The Early Worm Catches...The Early Knitter Springs...

Hey citizens! Happy First Day of Spring!

The weather is cold and rainy. Joy! It's the perfect time to start knitting tank tops and such! Just kidding.

I do have a confession to make. I started one of my Spring Projects...
Miles and miles of unblocked lace. Yes, it's the Mermaid Mesh tunic. I think I started sometime around the Olympics. There have been a few setbacks, like knitting 5 inches before I realized I screwed up and having to frog it all back then getting stuck on how to work the decreases into the lace pattern. I am, however, complete with the back and working toward the armholes on the front. Working with a chart is new for me, so the pattern is requiring me to sit and really pay attention to what I'm doing. Definitely not a traveling project. My hands have needed a break from the drying cotton yarn, but I'll be getting back to Mermaid this week.