Friday, March 17, 2006

J'Adore Dior

Who here remember Christian Dior's 2002 Ready To Wear line? Show of hands. Anyone? Anyone? Well I wouldn't remember it either if it weren't for this hat.

It's gotten dark and rainy in So Cal so my thoughts have turned to hats that I want to make. Something funky, something stylish, something to keep my cabeza warm and cozy. Only one hat fits the bill! A knock off of John Galliano's wool mohawk Peruvian chullo craziness! I must have it.

Smoochy and I had a walk-about Rodeo Drive a few [count 'em 6] years ago and we saw this little gem in the window. Of course, we had to go in and I immediately had to put it on my head. We laughed uncontrollably and marvelled at how insane yet cool this silly hat was. The salesman assured us it was one of the only ones left in the country, as the rest had been snapped up [I would think by cold fashionistas who would pair this with a mini skirt, tank and pink Uggs].

I'm no Giselle, but I think I could totally rock it, hardcore...and for waaaaaay less than $1500. I figured I could adapt the Vinter Lue pattern. Don't you totally love it? This little hat may just be my final farewell to Fall.