Wednesday, April 05, 2006

On Babies and Spring Break

Spring Break is next week. Of course I already have the week planned out. I'm going to write a screenplay. I've had this story rolling around my head for a few years now, and it's time to get it down on paper. I'm expecting that writing will take up the bulk of my vacation time...I'm just hoping that I'll be able to get a really rough draft, then I can take the following evenings and weekends to fine tune it. Is that too lofty an aspiration??

So, with this new endeavour, I don't expect to get much knitting done. Now comes the time that I wish I had four hands, right? If I do any knitting, I think that I'll put my current works in progress aside to dedicate my craftiness to others. I know I've mentioned that I there are two impending births to knit for. I also have a two very sick friends who might be cheered up by some hand knitted loveliness. I've gone through the stash today and pulled a few things aside with them in mind...

I've also become obsessed with this little doll. I don't know why. It could be the red hair. It could be that Rebecca tempts me with sassy doll clothing patterns on their website. Regardless, I need to make her...and her wardrobe. I have so many bits and scraps of yarn that toy making has been calling me lately. She's perfect for my little nieces...so that means I get to make her twice! She's so cute, I didn't even think twice when the pattern said size 0 double pointed needles. Wow, I can't believe I just said that.