Sunday, April 09, 2006

Spring Break Mini Goal - Comfort Gift #2

Backstory

Pattern: Anthropologie Inspired Wrap from Craftster
Yarn: Recycled 100% cotton
Needles: Size 10 1/2 Boye Circular
Exposition: This is a little shrug that presented itself at about 1am this morning. I casted soon after, worked on it all today while watching TV and finished about a half an hour ago. It's a super simple, cute pattern that will be revisited very soon.

In order to get a chunky gauge, I needed to double strand the recycled cotton. It's super soft and cozy and will be perfect for the in between Spring weather we'll be having soon. I was going to lengthen the sleeves, but we decided it looked better with them shorter. The original pattern has the reverse stockinette stitch side as the right side, but I prefer it this way. I'm considering a closure right now. Rather than a brooch at the neck, I'm kinda feeling a loop and button or a frog...but I'll have to do a little looking around for the perfect one.

I'm hoping that we can get out to visit our friend this coming weekend and that this little present will give her a little comfort and joy.