Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Adventures on Sleeve Island

Thanks, Citizens, for all your encouragement and advice about my disillusionment [disillusionment? disallusionality? - since it's ANTM Wednesday, I'm feeling a little Jade] about my feelings of FO inadequacy. I'm going to really focus on finish what's already on the needles and start with a clean slate. I do like the idea of a small project, but that just puts my timeline off even more than it already is. Besides, I need to use up my yarn!

So my newly found resolve to complete something lead me to the completion of the Mermaid Mesh tunic's sleeve last night...and casted on for the second this morning. I've gotten to the point where I'm comfortable knitting the lace on the go, so I'm challenging myself to have it done by the beginning of next week. At least all the knitting part done.

Lastly, has everyone seen this? I know that I couldn't go 6 months without buying anything, but in the spirit of Refashioning, I'm going to try recycle, renew and revamp up my all ready existing wardrobe for the impending doom that is summer.