Monday, July 10, 2006

Summer Vacation: Week 2

It's so damn hot. And it's not even noon.

But let's not complain about that here.

Now I know why they call it the Lazy Days of Summer. Two weeks into it and all I want to do is nap! Regardless, I have been busy! I met up with Smoochy and Friends in Downtown LA yesterday for an Olvera Street/Chinatown Walkabout. It was a lot of fun. Smoochy had never been to Olvera Street, so it was a new experience for her and it was nice to have visitors to my side of town.

Today I think that I'm going to just take it easy. I have a few leads on jobs so I think that I'm going to sharpen my Word and Excel skills a little and maybe get to a little knitting later, when it's cool enough to sit downstairs on the patio. I'm still working my way up the Ruby's armholes...I have maybe 3 more inches before the bind off. It's getting pretty heavy, so if I work on it for extended periods, I get a little stiff. Also, Butterfly is coming along swimmingly! I picked up the stitches for the body and the pattern has gotten so much easier...and faster! Since both of thost projects are not right for travelling, I've started on the Prairie Tunic. I'm using some Rowan Cotton Glace in Splendor...a pretty blue. The 100% cotton is a little rough on my hands, but not as bad as the yarn I used for Mermaid. I'm on a few rows in, but it's a pretty straightforward pattern.

I guess it's time to get to work.

But before I go, check out The Island of Misfit Patterns. If you have a pattern that you've created or an article that you've written that has been rejected from on of the online mags [but is crying out to be shared with the world], this is the place for you to see your work published. Thanks to Nancy for sharing the link!