Monday, October 23, 2006

Pictures, Projects and Proof

So, I feel as if I've been missing in action again. The icky-ness that I was suffering through is FINALLY gone, so I've been a little bit more active and have been able to pull myself from the seductive lure of the couch. Oh, the siren song of a throw pillow and Oprah.

Ok, let's take a look at what I've been working on.

With a little encouragement from our friend Poppy, I was able to finish up the front of Soul. Such a relief! I was getting tired of it and just wanted it off the needles. Of course, I still have to knit the second side. UGH! I should cast on and get it over with, while the pattern is still fresh in my mind, but I want a break from this particular cable design. At least one side is done, right? Motivation, where have you gone? Maybe I'll take side #2 with me when I go to visit my brother next week. It's small and portable enough that I should be able to get quite a bit done.

I also worked out my pattern for the Rebecca Cable Wrap. Although I thought I have made quite a bit of progress, it looks more impressive in person than it does in this picture.

I'm still in the middle of the waist shaping increases, so I still have quite a bit to go on the back. The pattern is easy enough that I'm also hoping this one will go by quickly. All I can do is wish, right? Although the 80 degree temperatures we've been having in LA aren't really making me want to finish a sweater right now, y'know?

Lastly, a pattern that I'm wanting to drop everything else for. Isn't it so purty? I have the yarn for it...Debbie Bliss Merino Aran, which is so incredibly soft that I'm just beside myself. It's taking quite a lot for me to now just drop the Wrap Sweater, Soul and everthing else and start on it. I should just start is. Who could blame me if I started on it?