Thursday, October 26, 2006

I'm A Bad Girl

Okay, so I started on Ariann. I couldn't resist! Besides, two cable projects with no break was getting to me.

I bought some Debbie Bliss Merino Aran and I'm very intruiged by this yarn. The description of the color is Taupe [with a hint of lilac]. The color on line was pretty, so I ordered it. When it arrived, the color in direct light was taupe/beige. "um...liliac my ass!", was my first thought. Later that evening, I looked at the yarn again, and it had a definite lilac cast to it. Strange. And now that I'm working with it, at times it looks almost platinum. This yarn is kinda freaking me out. PICK A COLOR! I guess since my eyes don't change color depending on what I wear, I'll have a sweater that changes color depending on the light.

Regardless, Ariann is coming along, and I've found renewed interest in the Cable Wrap.

Everybody wins!