Thursday, December 14, 2006

I Laugh To Keep From Crying

Ok. Here's the deal. I started to seam the Rebecca Cabled Wrap.

Shoulder seam #1: Why doesn't the pattern match up? Shouldn't it match up?
Shoulder seam #2: Why doesn't the pattern match up? Shouldn't it match up?

Where did I mess up? Was my cast off amount incorrect? Did I screw up the pattern somewhere along the way? I was getting fairly upset, so I did what any knitter in her [or his] right mind would do...I tossed the non-compliant knit in the corner in a feeble attempt to punish it for its offense. I will try to get back to it this weekend. My goal is to wear it for Christmas Eve, so I've got time to correct whatever it is that went wrong.

While the Wrap is in time out, I've beeen working on the two Poppy Ornaments for my nieces. I'm very excited about them. I hope to be done with the knitting part tonight and embellish them tomorrow.

Time to get back to it.