Saturday, December 30, 2006

Oh, Christmas...

I can truly say that I'm happy the holidays are almost over. Christmas was wonderful, but stressful. Tomorrow, gf, brother, sister-in-law, nieces and I are going to Disneyland. This is the second year that we'll be spending New Year's Eve at the Happiest Place on Earth, and I'm really looking forward to it. Disneyland is definitely more fun when there are little kids to walk around with. And we're going back even though we were rained on all day last year. We're gluttons for punishment.

Sorry I've been so horrible about keeping up with everyone's blogs...beside the constant celebrations to participate in, I've started a new temp position at...you've got it...the Tragic Kingdom's corporate offices. It's not too bad and I'm not going to complain about the money.

I don't have any of my own knitting to share, so I thought I'd share this amazing throw that my mom made for my cousin [click the picture to see the detail]. It took her about a month to make. Can you believe that? She said that the bobbles on the edges of the blanket were a pain, but the rest of it was pretty "easy". Yeah. That's my mom. I looked at it and figured that the only thing that I could do is the cabling. Mom made another blanket for brother and sister that I will get some pictures of tomorrow. That one is crocheted and embroidered and took her about 6 months to make. Yeah. That's my mom. Just amazing.

Happy New Year everyone!