Thursday, February 22, 2007

8cm Until My Soul Is Complete...sort of

Since Soul has become my traveling project, I've made some real progress. I have completed the last of the waist increases and am now working on the final 8cm and looking forward to the big bind off. This is going to be done in no time!

I also want to share this really cool elastic thread I found at my LYS. Can you believe I didn't have the yarn with me when I bought it? I figured the color would be close enough...and it's perfect! Anyway, my plan is to knit the elastic thread into the last 6cm for a little extra..."hold 'em up" quality. It is a tube top after all. I was also considering ripping back the last 2 cm of the top of the other side and knitting the elastic into that too. It probably won't happen, since I'm not trying to make more work for myself, but it's the thought that counts, right? I should just suck it up and do it.

Other than that, I've got a pretty exciting weekend planned. Tomorrow night GF and I are going to see Dr. Maya Angelou speak at the Dorothy Chandler Pavillion. Have y'all seen the episode of Iconoclasts with her and Dave Chappelle? AMAZING! Try to catch it if you can. I will be taking the copy of I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings [that I may or may not have stolen from Mom and Dad's bookcase], because I want to be prepared.

Saturday, I'll be on a set, and Sunday is the Oscars. I don't plan on moving too far from the TV Sunday. Well, I guess that's it for now. Have a great weekend everyone!