Wednesday, March 07, 2007

The Weather Is Screwing With Me

I don't know if I told y'all this, but the bi-annual Superstarra Family Reunion is this year.
In Virginia.
In mid-July.

Why am I thinking about this now? Well, I was working on the Butterfly Tank and thought that it would be the perfect little something to take with me [not to mention the fact that it's 80 degrees outside]. Light...airy...very fashionable. That lead me to think about other projects I'd want to take with me. Nothing too heavy...it is the South, after all. I'll probably start on the cute Rebecca Powder Jacket as soon as the yarn arrives [it will be nice for evening and time spent in the a/c] and I thought about making a little shoulder covering shawl. I have until July, right? I'm almost positive I swore off lace shawl knitting after my experience with the Kiri Shawl, but I've been making my peace with lace knitting while working on Butterfly. Of course, it only being a 2 pattern repeat doesn't hurt either. One of my knitting buddies [I can't remember who at the moment, sorry!] made a beautiful Icarus shawl from a past Interweaves issue and I think that I want one.

In other news, this is my last week temping here at the Tragic Kingdom. I'm actually very excited about it! I have a long list of the things I want to do and am looking forward to having my days free to accomplish them all. Yoo Hoo! Oh, am I still at work? I guess I better stop slacking off, huh?