Saturday, March 03, 2007

A Few Pictures...

I tried to take a few pictures while I had some decent light this afternoon. I should have gone outside, but was feeling pretty lazy and stayed inside all day. That also means I got another project done!

Backstory
Pattern: Lady Eleanor Scarf from Scarf Style
Yarn: Noro Silk Garden Lite #2013, 4 1/2 balls
Needles: Size 7's
Exposition: Doing Entrelac is truly easier than it looks. It also goes pretty quick. I love the color changes the Noro goes through and although all those rows of brown were pretty tedious, the combo of grey and brown will allow me to wear it with almost everything. The width and length of the finish scarf is perfect [before blocking it's measuring 8"w x 72"l]; it can be wrapped around my neck once and tied or hanging with a decent amount of length to keep my chest warm. Ah, LOVE! I will wash and block it, but I can't wait to wear it and don't want to wait for it do dry. I would love to make another stole width LE...but I have a few other things to do first.

~~~~~~~~~


Backstory
Pattern: Rowan Soul
Yarn: Rowan Calmer, 3 1/2 balls
Needles: Size 6 and 8
Exposition: Isn't it so cute? Looking so innocent sitting there on that chair. Beautiful cables. Beautiful color. What a wonderful knitting job I've done. Let this image stay with you until I get a picture of it all stretched out across my body. I promise to try to find the most flattering way of wearing this before I post pictures of it on. Repeat with me...Ribbing is for skinny girls...ribbing is for skinny girls...

~~~~~~~~~


Lastly, here's some Manos that I bought for a scarf for gf. We've both been expanding our personal style lately and I think this will compliment her growth as a fashion plate. I only bought one hank, so I'm going to keep the pattern pretty simple...a k2tog/yarn over on a larger needle to conserve yarn and keep the colors the forefront. Since LE is done, I guess this can be my LA Marathon Watching Knitting Project.

~~~~~~~~~

Let see...most of my incomplete projects are done...I think that it's time to take a look at the Rowan Butterfly tank that's been on the needles [Saun, are you ready?].

Also...Remember the cute Rebecca sweater that I'm dying to start? I'm considering two colors in the Rowan All Season Cotton. Purr [lilac], the same color I used for the Rebecca Apricot Jacket, or Military [green]. I like the girly-ness of the lilac for this sweater, but think that it might be a little too similar to Apricot in the styling [and might use it for a pull over or something rather than antoher cardi]. The military might be a nice contrast to the feminine quality of the sweater. What do you think?