Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Yes, More Crochet

I swear, this is not becoming a crochet blog.

That being said, now that Powder is done [thanks for the many compliments everyone!], I'm going to focus on getting Go For Baroque completed. I've finished the body and am now halfway through Sleeve #1. In the mean time, I've been checking out patterns here and there, waiting to see what will inspire me.

I've come to the conclusion that I want to make a skirt. I would knit one, but I don't think that I've seen a knit skirt that I just couldn't live without. So knitting a skirt is out. Hmmm...maybe a crochet skirt...

I keep looking at Violet Beauregard [Violet! You're turning violet, Violet] from The Happy Hooker. I like it a lot in the book but some of the finished skirts I've found on the web don't really wow me. So, needless to say, I'm feeling kinda reserved. On the other hand, I do have stash yarn in blue and yellow that will work. Oh, I'll probably get around to it eventually, but there's still something missing for me. What I really want is a lace skirt. Something fun and flirty and summery.

Sadly, none of the patterns I found on the web or in my magazines fit the bill.

That's when I visited my local Borders and found Doris Chan's Amazing Crochet Lace. What a beautiful book! I love her designs and the fact that some of the yarn she uses is very affordable [because nothing is worse than falling in love with the look of something just to find out it will cost you over $100 to make] won me over.

I'm especially enamoured with the Chysanthemum Tea Shawl on the book's cover, the Risa Robe, the sassy Heat-wave Mini-dress, the Sambuca Jacket and this skirt, called Walking After Midnight. Isn't it divine?

MUST HAVE IT NOW!

Let's see...If I can finish Baroque by the weekend, I can start on this at the beginning of next week and have it on my body shortly thereafter! Oh the torture! Its siren's song is luring me...start now! start now!
Must. resist. Must. be. strong...