Sunday, April 15, 2007

Powder...and Keanu Likes It Too!


Backstory

Pattern: Powder Jacket from Rebecca #31
Yarn: Rowan's All Seasons Cotton in Military
Needles: Size 7
Exposition: I love this yarn. I love this sweater. That's all that needs to be said, really. The construction was very easy and although it was quite a bit of stockinette, amazingly enough, it went pretty quickly.

I didn't make any changes to the pattern itself other than the crochet edging. Around the neck and arms I picoted rather than the more elaborate edging in the original pattern, since I felt it might get wonky after awhile. My only complaint is that the front is rolling a bit, but that's to be expected from a stockinette edge. I don't know if knitting all of the edge stitches would have helped...if I revisit this one, maybe I'll try it.

I'm also very happy with the color. As much as I love lavender, the military green was a good choice for me. I think that I'll be able to dress it up or down depending on what I wear with it. As I said in my earlier post, I wasn't sure if the buttons were too big. Regardless, I put them on and I kinda like 'em. The brushed pewter looks really nice, so they're staying for now.

It will be really cute over some shorts, a skirt or a pair of flat front pants. I wore it out and about yesterday with some capri pants for a jaunt down to Santa Monica and later I put on some jeans for a dinner date with my girl.

Speaking of dinner, we went over to the very swanky Morton's last night. Dinner was wonderful and guess who opened the door for us when we were making our exit? None other than Keanu 'Whoa' Reeves. Yes, Neo/Bill/Constatine. At the moment it happened, we were surprised but awestruck settled in once we passed him and were out the door. 'Um...Keanu just held the door open for us' and 'Dude, that was Keanu Reeves' was repeated more than once in the next few hours.

If I get a chance, I'll take some more pictures, but I do have a very cool book to share and more progress on the Baroque Jacket!