Thursday, May 03, 2007

Do You Ravelry?

Liz K. gave me a wonderful compliment a few posts back. She said that 'one of my favorite things about your blog is that you make projects that I have not seen all over blogland'. How sweet is that? Like you, once one project is completed, I'm scouring my books and mags trying to find something new to inspire me. And once I've found it, I spend days and days google-ing pattern names [just try to find a completed Walking After Midnight skirt...I dare you!] and designers [and combinations therein] trying to find someone, anyone who has run the gauntlet and had a successful [or unsuccessful] finished project [or just to see that certain sweater on a real person who wears undergarments].

Wouldn't it be great if there were a one stop site that knitters and crocheters, the blog-full and the blog-less could come together and showcase their finished projects and original designs?

Well that place is Ravelry! Freckle-girl Jessica and her husband have started a new crafty website that is just what we've all been looking for! Not only can you do all the stuff above, you can make new friends, queue projects you want to make and keep track of your yarn and needle stashes. You can link your blog if you have one and if you don't you can join the on-line community without the hassle of keeping up a journal [that's for all my favorite blog people who have abandoned their blogs...].

So what are you waiting for? Go check it out! Join! And don't forget to add me as a friend!

*They are slowly but surely adding people so be patient! Also, you will need to sign up for a Flickr account to link your photos, but it's free, so who cares? And lastly, once you have an account, if you have an idea, shoot Jess an e-mail. They want to make this as user-friendly as possible and welcome feedback!