Thursday, May 10, 2007

"It happens every time, they all become blueberries..."


Backstory

Pattern: Violet Beauregard from Stitch N Bitch Crochet: The Happy Hooker
Yarn: Katia Austral
Needles: F crochet hook
Exposition: Cute, cute, cute! What else can I say? Here's the run down.

My third crochet project! I followed the instructions as written...the only thing that I changed was the last row. I didn't like how the bottom looked pointy. So rather than follow the written word, I did 14 dc in each space and that gave me a nice rounded edge. Very nice and tidy! And although the skirt fits perfectly the drawstring will keep it from slipping too much. Nothing worse than finding your skirt around your ankles, right?

Like I've said in my previous posts about this project, I've had this yarn in my stash for years. I love how all the yarn colors blend together. The green was formerly yellow and the navy the same as the main color. I was a little concerned, but it couldn't have turned out better. Serendipity!

I'm also considering lining. It doesn't seem that see through, but I'm not trying to flash all my business. My only hesitation is that if I want to wear this during the spring/summer months a lining may not allow it to breathe as much as it does without. I'll just have to find something super light and airy.

One more shot from my POV [point of view ... movie-speak ... hee hee].