Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Renewed Rowan

I love Rowan. I use their yarn when I can [afford it] and have been pretty pleased with the Rowan patterns that I've made. I just haven't had an interest in checking out their magazines lately. I guess the previews haven't been interesting enough for me to make a trip to the LYS just to see them in person.

So I'm browsing around the Rowan website the other day. Saying hello, seeing what's new, checking out the patterns they sell as singles. What's this? Studio? I click on the button and lo and behold, I am immediately enamoured with these two patterns. $2 each? Well there's no reason I shouldn't purchase them immediately!

Both patterns are from the Rowan Studio 1 booklet. This pattern is Patti. I absolutely adore this little jacket. It's so perfectly sweet! I know I've been on a crochet kick the past few weeks, but this is definitely renewing my knitting jones.

And this little gem, Anna. Last fall I wanted to knit a dress, but never really got around to it. There were a few patterns that were close to what I wanted, but I didn't have the patience or interest to modify them. Anna is perfect just as is! I love the loose wrap style...to me it's more sweater coat than dress, and the short sleeves make it perfect for layering. There is also a little pattern to it, so that may keep it from being too boring of a knit. If I start now, maybe it will be ready by the fall! Ha ha ha...no, I'm actually serious.

The best thing about both of these patterns? I think I have yarn in the stash that will work out perfectly!

The only drawback is it has been 90 degrees around here and the stash yarn I have is wool.

Hmmm...I'll just have to wait for either the weather to cool off or to find myself in an overly air conditioned place. Don't know when that will be. I guess I could start hanging out in the freezer section of the supermarket.

Well, I'm off to my Violet Beauregard photo shoot [I'm the model, photographer and stylist]. While I'm waiting for me to set up my shot, I'll be working on the Chrystanthemum Tea Shawl...which is coming along very nicely!