Sunday, May 13, 2007

Make Mine A Tea Latte


Backstory

Pattern: Chrysanthemum Tea Shawl from Amazing Crochet Lace
Yarn: Classic Elite Patina [70% cotton/30% silk ]; almost exactly 7 balls
Hook: It's a wooden hook, so I actually don't know. Somewhere around an G.
Exposition: I love crocheting shawls! So quick! So easy! And no need for a lifeline!!! It only sucks when I would find a mistake and would have to frog back an entire round.

I started this Monday night during 'Heroes' and finished on Saturday morning during 'The Suite Life of Zack and Cody' [no we don't watch that, it was just on]. Can you believe how fast it worked up?!?!

I didn't make any changes to the pattern. Like I would know how to. I'm glad I made this pattern before starting the Walking After Midnight skirt [from the same book] so that I could get a feel for Ms. Chan's patterns.

As far as yarn is concerned, the Patina is super soft. It was very nice to work with and I love the shade of blue. My only complaint would be the little bits of fiber that would fly off and irritate my eyes [I'm guessing it was from the yarn's silk content].

Hmmm...what else to say? Not much honestly. Followed the pattern and got great results. What more could I ask for? Since it worked up so quickly, I may revisit this pattern for holiday gifts later this year.

Until then, I'll leave you with some progress shots I took during the week, but didn't have the time to download from the camera and show to y'all.

Detail of the center rounds.

A little more than 1/2 way through the flower petal section.

Shot of the front. I could have arranged the front better, but you get the idea. It's being held together with a very pretty wooden hair stick that I found at Cost Plus for $5.

And the back. I was expecting to use this more as a cover-up, but it actually was keeping me pretty warm during the photo shoot...that's a good sign! It will definitely get some use this summer.

This is so pretty, I'm amazed that I made it myself!