Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Walk With Me, Lord

Hmmm...what's going down in Superstarra-ville?

I decided to work on Walking After Midnight last night and was 7 rounds away from finishing. I could taste victory! Then right before going to bed, I saw it. A missing shell. Three rounds back. It would normally not be that big of a deal, but it was the beginning of an increase section. Yeah, I debated for a long time. Then I ripped back hours of work. Because in the long run, even though it was in the back of the skirt, it would be one of those glaring mistakes that I would always have following me around.

Also, just to add insult to injury, I decided to slip my lovely skirt over my head. Hmmm...I must have shrunk! I can pinch an inch again! Why is it the projects I seem to look forward to the most are always plagued with problems? My remedy is to finish it today [and maybe in to the wee hours of tomorrow], and crochet the waistband on a smaller hook. There is a drawstring to this skirt, so it may not be as bad as it seems. Plus the cotton will shrink up too. The official name if this skirt is now, Walk With Me, Lord.

I'm quickly losing interest in the Cropped Jacket in Lace Pattern. The bad thing about that is I'm only halfway through the left front. Bad Sign. I'll finish it though, I have a really cute strapless dress that will match it perfectly. I'm thinking to quicken the project, I might shorten the sleeves, but we'll cross that bridge when I get to it. Whenever that is.

Babette Blanket yarnLastly, I'm excited to start Babette once I get Walk With Me, Lord finished. I certainly do stick to certainly colors, don't I?