Sunday, June 17, 2007

Houston...

I have a serious situation brewing here.

I was out and about knitting the Cropped Jacket's #1 sleeve cap this afternoon when I ran out of yarn...just 22 more rows away from the big bind off. I didn't have another ball, so I had to wait until I got home to complete it.

I got home and discovered this.
Hmmm...that's strange. Only two full balls and a bit of a third ball left. Two balls need to be put aside for sleeve #2, so that just leaves the bit of ball. So, estimating it out, I need knit 44 rows for both sleeve caps and the collar from that bit o' yarn. Unless I can make it the equivalent of 12 loaves and 5 fish, I don't think it will stretch that far.

So, what are the options?
1. Frogging back a few repeats make it a 3/4 sleeve. That seems like the easiest option, but the cast on number [which would have been originally around my wrist] might be too tight around my forearm.

2. Keep knitting and see if I can make the yardage work. 12 loaves, 5 fish...worked for Jesus. I'm not divine entity, and that's a lot of frogging if the miracle doesn't take place.

3. Cry and hide the sweater in the back of the closet. Trust, that crying is on the agenda for later today. I'm trying to be a big girl and not just bury my problems.

4. Frog the entire sleeve and re-adjust for a 3/4 sleeve. This seems like the best option, but that's a lot of reknitting that I just don't have time for!

Citizens of Superstarra-ville [yes, you!!!!]...can you help me out? Is there something I'm missing? In the mean time I'll be working on the tunic.