Monday, June 18, 2007

I Always Liked Option #1*

I was chatting on the phone with my sister last night...she asked me how I was going to solve my sleeve issue [since she's an avid reader of the Superstarra-ville]. I said I didn't know. She suggested ripping it out; I said maybe I'd frog back two 13-row repeats and see if I could make it work. She suggested maybe ripping out from the bottom ribbing and reknitting just the bottom section; I said maybe I'd frog back two 13-row repeats and see if I could make it work. She suggested pinning it together and seeing if it wouldn't be too tight around my forearm. I grabbed the sleeve, a long stitch holder and laced up the seam.

IT WORKED! 12 fishes? 5 loaves? It's a summer miracle!

The lace opened up nicely and it wasn't uncomfortably tight! So, I'm going to frog back two 13-row repeats and reknit. I think that the yardage should work out perfectly, and I'll have the bit of 3rd ball for the collar and seaming. I feel so much better!

*before I rip back, I'm probably going to take Del's suggestion to see if anyone has a random ball hanging around that they could sell/donate to me. If you know someone who has knitted with GGH Capri in color #03, send them my way! Thanks guys!


THIS JUST IN!!!!

***I wrote the Jimmy Beans Wool customer service this morning and they responded that the yarn they have is the same dyelot as mine! And it's on sale! Whoo Hoo!!! Now I can finish the sweater properly!***