Friday, July 06, 2007

Boy, Am I Tired!

What a weekend! Saturday morning, gf and I left for NoCal to visit with my brother, sil and nieces [for my niece's birthday]. We met the family in Santa Clara, where the birthday girl was participating in the National American Miss Pageant. She's 8. Don't worry, it wasn't a 'look-too-grown-up' kinda pageant...she still looked very much like herself [the Pre-teen participants would be marked down if they had on any visible makeup]. We didn't really think that she'd win [since it was her first time and all], but she made it to the semi-finals, won 2nd runner up in the casual wear category, was awarded the Miss Personality, and was 2nd runner up overall! We were so excited! What a birthday present.

Since gf and I didn't really have anywhere else to go for the week, we hung out for the 4th. It was a lot of fun hanging out with my sil's family and lighting fireworks [since they aren't allowed in LA and most of OC, I haven't lit fireworks since I was a teenager]. We drove home yesterday morning, and I'm so exhausted! Now I have to focus on getting ready for the family reunion next week. Hello, jet-setting summer!

Speaking of the family reunion, I finished up the Tunic! I just have to finish off the neck and you can expect pictures as early as tomorrow!