Sunday, July 08, 2007

Weekend Trip...

I just wanted to share a few pictures from last weekend's trip. I didn't take as many as I should have. Most are from the drive to Santa Clara. Once we were with the family, I was having too much fun to pull the camera out!

The Poppy-head ornament poses with the GPS that will get us there in record time!
Gotta love the built in GPS!



Traffic and mountains. For the weekend before the 4th, there wasn't any traffic. Amazingly!

Runaway truck ramp. Just in case.

Grapevines near the Grapevine. Driving between Northern and Southern California I was amazed at how many vineyards there were. It seems any open space not taken up by orchards of Almonds or rows or corn were grapevines. I guess there's a lot of profit to be had in California wine. Either that or it's really cool to say you own a vineyard.

Here's that corn I was talking about. There was quite a lot of it growing! YUM! Summer corn.

We had to drive through Gilroy, Garlic Capital of the World, on our way to Santa Clara. We passed quite a few trucks like this...and if you couldn't see then, you certainly could smell them. And I think a runaway clove dented the car.

And finally, a picture of that pageant. Such happy, beautiful girls. Just the fact that they were up there performing in front of a big audience makes them all winners in my book.