Thursday, August 30, 2007

Knitting Sisyphus Style

Tuesday night I finished the front of Notorious. I had a few mishaps and felt like I was constantly frogging what I was knitting - never getting ahead of when I started. Shall we call it Knitting Sisyphus Style [KSS]? But eventually I bound off and things were looking up.

Then I tried it on.

Well I can wear all those full coverage Cross Your Heart bras that I don't own with it. And sure it makes my bust look 15 times bigger than it is. Um ... this is not the naughty, saucy little knit I had hoped for. So, I frogged back two inches and it was perfect. Demi cup only!

On to the sleeve. I picked up, casted on and picked up. By then it was around midnight [way past my bedtime] and short rows and fuzzy contacts don't equal pleasant results. So I frogged back and threw Notorious under the side table. I think I need a break.

What to do, what to do? What's this? A green cake of sock yarn!!!

Ah! The Spiral Boot sock! I picked it up and cast on. Now, I'm a left hander but is knitting in the round as challenging for right handers? There was a lot of KSS going on, but I think I've worked it out. The only other issue is, there are a lot of k2togs, which mean I have to switch those stitches around on the needles just so the resulting decrease will face the right way. I'm contemplating a way of getting the spiral to twist the other way so I can do the slip stitch thing and not have to twist everything around.

So...if the written pattern is k2tog, k2, yo, k4....couldn't I just slip1, k1, psso, knit 4, yo k2?
I'm going to have to try it.