Tuesday, August 28, 2007

An Effort To Be Interesting

Business
Although the temperatures will be in the 100's this week in LA, the calendar indicated that Fall is coming. And I've read on more than one blog the certain need to get rid of all this cotton we've been working with and get back to some serious wool work. Well, just in time for cooler weather, Jennifer and I will be co-hosting our third Fall Cable KAL. If you're interested in joining us this year, e-mail your information to: fallcable at gmail dot com. You know you can't resist all those cables in the new issue of Interweave. And for those of you on Ravelry, once we get up and going, we'll add on a group there too.

Notorious
Still trucking along...I'm thinking of knitting the sleeves in a plain stockinette rather than the ribbing. My reasoning is that it might drape nicer without the ribbing. Or does the ribbing lend itself to the overall look of the garment. Talk amongst yourself and get back to me.

Nonsense
Remember last week when posted a 1/2 frogged Notorious and said that I would have to tell you why my green strawberry necklace reminds me of my best friend?

Well, here's the reason, one of my favorite little things in the whole world:

I can't remember when she gave this to me. Must have been in high school or something. Y'know learning stuff gets boring and we tend to be easily distracted.

Nice shading work, huh?

Detail of her crayon work.



I think this one rivals Les Demoiselles d'Avignon in its artistic importance.

This cracks me up. I especially love the ant on the tree.