Monday, August 27, 2007

There's A Light...

I don't know if you can tell, but in comparison of the last picture I took, the holes are much smaller! Who knew that reading the instructions could be so useful?

As a lefty, I sometimes [unnecissarily] feel that I need to rearrange the instructions in my head so they will look right in the right hand world.

Well, in these patterns, decreases are written as k2togL or k2togR, which means decrease with either a left or right slant. It confused me. But after looking at my first attempt and the picture, I figured I was going the wrong way. So I switched my decrease direction and it's so much better! There are still some holes, but I can live with them.

And thanks for the suggestions to e-mail Annie with the 19 1/2" issue. I did send an inquiry about the dreaded 19 1/2. I figure that since it says 'or desired length' that the knitter should decide how long they want it and go from there. We'll see.

Just another 5" for the front [which I'm hoping to get done today!] and then on to the sleeves. The end is in sight!