Monday, September 24, 2007

Focused...On Everything But...

Miss Sassypants wanted me to extend to you her thanks for all the kind words to her first installment of Poppy's Knit Reviews. She's always happy to extend information to the knitting public. She's now busily scouring the next big/interesting knitting thing to review.

As for me, I haven't gotten much done in the past few days. Saturday, gf and I had an informal backyard wedding to attend and Sunday, knitting really didn't fit into my planned activities, which was to do some much needed self organizing and wardrobe purging. Unfortunately, running errands and other delights got in my way. I did manage to spend 20 minutes clearing off my catch-all that is my desk/table. So that's something.

And now we're back to the grind of the work week. Joy. It should actually be fairly easy to get through as my boss is leaving Wednesday on a business trip and won't be back until next week. Regardless, I doubt I'll get much knitting done. Well, maybe tonight during the season premier of Heroes. Maybe I can finally get Patti's back off my back. I have so many projects that I'm looking forward to working on, that it's really hard to stay focused and on task. I'll get through it...eventually.

Oh, I do have some exciting news for you all. One of my directors informed me that a short I was in is going to be showing at a lesbian and gay film festival in PARIS! Yes, France! So, now begins that mad rush to get passport in order and find cheap tickets. If you come across any airline deals, please let me know. Or even if you are an informed Euro-traveler and know of an airport we could fly into, rather than Charles De Gaulle [which seems very expensive]. I've never been to Europe so I'm totally new and almost completely overwhelmed by the fact that I might be going to Paris and that a film I was in will be showing for a French audience. God, I've got to start planning my outfit now!