Wednesday, September 26, 2007

A Little More...Or Less

I've been feeling like a lazy blogger lately. I have stuff to post about, but I feel like my mind has been wandering to non-blog fodder. Like cleaning out my closets, purging all the clothes I don't wear any more and reorganizing the bedroom.

Gina and I have been e-mailing back and forth for months now about getting organized and streamlining and she's even turned me on to two folks who have added fuel to my fire: Dan Ho and Gala Darling. Call it Autumnal Spring Cleaning. I need to get rid of some of the stuff before I try to add anything else!

And as far as knitting is concerned, I was able to finish the Patti jacket's back last night. Oh, what a relief! Of course, now I have two fronts, two sleeves and a collar to do, but I feel like I've accomplished something, y'know? I debated for a while whether to cast on for the Patti front or to try to get cracking on the the Cabled Coat's collar. I finally decided on the Cabled Coat. I've completed a mind-staggering 2 rows. I know, I know, I can't believe the progress myself.

I'm thinking that I might need a little more time to mentally prepare before I tackle this jacket, so don't be surprised if you don't hear to much about it. I might just frog back all my hard earned 2 rows and try to get a little farther on Patti while I watch the season premiers.

Lastly, I wanted to leave you with a picture of my epiphyllum bud! I had a bud once before but I think a neighbor's cat knocked it off. The bloom will open for a single night and be gone by the morning. I can't wait for it to open!!! Of course my one flower pales in comparison to my mom's plant [where this cutting came from] which at one time or another gave us close to 40 blooms in a single night. Be sure I'll take many, many pictures!