Monday, September 10, 2007

I Learned Something This Weekend...

Thank you to everyone for your encouragement during my Notorious crisis and for the non-cankle compliments on the sock.

This weekend was pretty uneventful, but fun nonetheless. Friday afternoon, gf picked me up from work and we headed out to Santa Monica. Now for those of you not from LA, Glendale to Santa Monica is 20 mile drive that will took us about an hour and half. If we would have taken the freeways, it would have taken us about two hours.

Anyway, why were we going to Santa Monica you ask? Why, Wildfiber of course! They were having a Habu trunk show, and since I've been interested in the stainless steel yarn, I wanted to check it out in person. Well, they didn't have any of the scarf kits, but gf found quite a few things that she liked. Practically all of the sample garments there fit her perfectly. She bought three kits, this one being my favorite. She couldn't quite get her mind around the fact that they wouldn't just sell the samples. But she's excited to get her kits and for me to start knitting them for her. Should be fun.

Saturday and Sunday were pretty laid back, we did some stuff around the house and in between I was able to finish Notorious. What can I say? I feel like I've been 100% satisfied with my last few projects, so this one falling short of my expectations is very disappointing. And I think I finally figured out the implied meaning of the sleeves. I don't feel that the instructions are written very clearly, but when I was doing my interpretation, I figured out what was supposed to be happening. I have to give it a wash and a block, then you'll get to see the finished result. Working on this pattern makes me a little hesitant about the other patterns in the book, but since I found yarn for Jezebel, I'll probably give it one more try...and now I really have to get to the gym.

So with Notorious off the needles and the sock is coming closer and closer to its toe conclusion, I picked up Patti again. It's going to be a bit slow going, but I'm going to keep plugging away at it. Nothing like 1/2 an inch of stockinette to make you feel like you've accomplished something. I'm looking forward to starting the Norah Gaughan Cabled Coat. I have some yarn that should work, but am waiting a few before I cast on. Lord, what am I getting myself into?