Monday, September 10, 2007

A FO, But Not The One You Think

Backstory

Pattern: Muriwai Bath Mat from Knit 2 Together
Yarn: Gedifra Big Point
Needles: Size 10 1/2 and 11
Exposition: Two weekends ago, when I should have been cleaning or reorganizing, I was sitting on my bed, flipping through one of my new knitting books. I had originally bought Knit 2 Together for the Doctor Bag, so I was interested to see what else might catch my interest. That's when I saw it.

The Muriwai Bath Mat. Chunky Yarn. Size 10 1/2 needles.

As you know, that was the apex of my Notorious frustration, so a quick project that I could finish in a day would be just what I needed to get my confidence back. I had some Gedifra Big Point [that I bought a few years back before I learned that on me, chunky knits equal chunky looking girl] sitting around that would match the colors we have in the bathroom area.

I had some short bits and pieces that I didn't want to throw away, so I striped the center. In hindsight I would have just made the whole thing solid, since I have close to an equal amount of both yarn colors left over. Other than that, it's soft and squishy and feels really nice to stand on.


Oh and by the way, I've posted some pictures of Traveling Teddy to Flickr if you want to check them out.