Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Did I tell you that I got my Passport? I made an appointment at the Federal Building last Thursday and it was ready Friday, but I wasn't able to get over to the West Side until today. One day for a passport? Yeah, I couldn't believe it either. Traveling last minute has its advantages.


Yes, traveling. As in overseas.

That means what you think it means. Gf and I will be going to Paris at the end of the month. Barring any unforeseen circumstances, we'll be buying tickets tonight.

The trip was just a flight of fancy until today when I picked up my passport. I didn't even open it right away. Crazy, I know.

I'm sure I'll be over the top once we actually have the tickets. Then it will all be too real. So until then, I'm still conscious and breathing. What knitting project to take to Paris? Yeah, like there will be time...

Until I moment when pass out with joy, I'll be working on gf's Habu sweater. I'm about 20 rows away from the armhole bind-offs. Not bad, but not as far as I would have liked to have been. I'm going to give it a lot of work tonight and see if I can make up some lost ground. The 26th is 10 days away! AUGH! Well, if it's not ready for her birthday, it will definitely be ready for Paris.

And don't think that I'm not contemplating what fabulous frocks and exciting ensembles to take with me. My closet has been purged within an inch of it's life, which will make it that much simpler to put together fab outfits.

And don't think that my crown shoes won't be the FIRST think packed. In fact, I'll probably pack them tonight.