Thursday, November 29, 2007

Too Much/Little Time

Remember me? Doubtful, as I've been away, physically and mentally. Not like to a mental hospital or anything...unless work counts as a loony bin.

The past week has been just a flurry of activity. Gf and I wanted to make gifts this year and so I've been knitting and crocheting like crazy. We decided to make mesh market bags and personalize them by making a fabric pocket or attached coin purse with an ironed on picture of fruit or veggies. Yummy! My first attempt at a bag was the Elisa Tote. I love the stitch pattern, but it was just not quite speedy enough for my taste. So I decided to try crocheting a bag. I've had the Reduction Tote Bag on my crochet to do list for a long time now, so I gave it a try and within two prime time tv watching sessions [including making multiple mistakes which required frogging] I had a completed bag and was starting on my second. Fast! Love it! I've also decided to make another bag I've had my eye on for a while now, the Tassel Tote from Interweave Crochet. I'm about to start my second one today. Most of the bags need little finishing touches, but you can expect a lot of fo's on this blog next week. I think I might find some time to knit up a Christmas Tree or two, too.

Speaking of Christmas Trees, I should have a lot of time for crafting this weekend...gf and I are driving up to my brother's house to witness the annual Christmas tree harvest. Yeah, he chops down his own Christmas tree. Should be good for a laugh or two.